Thank you to everyone who helped make Fresh Meet awesome! We had a great turnout of first years, upperclassmen and advisers and I heard some incredible advice. For those of you who could not make it, here is a short list of advice to consider as the class registration date gets closer.
- Reach out to upperclassmen in the major you are interested in. Because they are currently going through the program they can give you more accurate student based experiences of professors, knowledge of the degree audit, department expectations and more. If you do not know anyone try asking friends, finding the majors’ public groups on Facebook or dropping by the Center for Career and Professional Development to ask us, the Career Ambassadors, if we know anyone.
- Join clubs and organizations. They are a great way to meet new people who you know are interested in some of the same things you are.
- Take Connections. It is a five week class in the Spring and is a requirement for many of the on campus jobs.
- Attend as many Pratt events as possible.
- Try out different time management strategies now to find which one works best for you.
- Bring your resume to the Center for Career and Professional Development. We are holding drop in hours this semester Monday 2-3:30PM and Wednesday 10:30AM-12:30PM where you can bring in your resume, no appointment needed. Or we can help you set up an appointment with one of our career advisors for resume and cover letter reviews, mock interviews, grad school applications and job hunting strategies.
Written by: Bree BalsamoImages provided by: Bree Balsamo