As students at Pratt, design is a heavy component in our education. Regardless of major, most of the content of our class critiques is dictated by the level of creativity in the designs pinned up on the wall. For certain majors, though, design is only the beginning of what's required to be a successful industry professional. Interior design is a division of the market that is just as dependent upon project and budget management as it is on design. Williams' book not only drives this point home, but provides so much valuable information and aids, including:
- Interviews with working professionals on their experiences and life lessons
- Different formats of Budgeting and Estimation Forms
- How to send out a Purchase Order or Work Change Order
- Samples of how to keep Purchase Logs
- Multiple sample contracts as well as contract advice
- Client Approval Forms, as well as what they are and why they're important!