The Fashion Intern by Michele Granger
Although some of the more specific step-by-step instructions on how to seek out contacts, for example, are geared towards fashion majors, ANY prospective intern would find Granger’s insight very useful and extremely pertinent.
Some features of the book include:
- Top Ten Tips for the Workplace
- Resume writing and “power words”
- Building contacts
- Dos and don’ts of interviewing for and acquiring internships
That being said, to all the fashion majors out there: THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ. It speaks to your market specifically (but not exclusively), and some of the features mentioned are:
- Analysis of different stores’ layout and customer trafficking
- Sample resumes and application letters
- Case studies
- Advice for finding an internship that fits your needs and interests
"This book offers really great industry insight for fashion interns, and even more so for any intern looking to set structure to an unstructured internship experience. The later chapters can really assist students' understanding of what is 'learned' in an internship class alongside the on-site internship experience."